Thursday 25 August 2016

Did you have fun this summer?


✯ Hello Shiny Stars! ✯


♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡  
  
"May I never miss a sunset or a rainbow because I am looking down." (Sara June Parker)
 
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
 
My latest articles were about festivals, about having fun on your own, with your friends or family. As summer comes to an end many think that the festival season is over but there are still plenty of events waiting for you.
If you are asking yourself the question „Did I have fun this summer?”, what would be your honest answer? Did you visit friends on the weekends, did you have BBQs, did you go for a walk with your girlfriend, boyfriend or alone just to be outside to enjoy the fresh air? Or were you saying again that you have no time for that because of other responsibilities?
During the trips I’ve had, I always saw people especially teens whose first queston is about free wifi. They are at a beautiful place, standing for example next to the Eiffel Tower and they are too busy to enjoy their trip because they need to check if their friends have posted something online. Or in other cases they post photos about themselves in front of a popular building but instead of enjoying the moment, they are staring at their phones to know immediately about a reply or comment.
The expression „FOMO” which is the abbreviation of "Fear of missing out", is already in the Oxford Dictionaries with the following definition: „Anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on social media.”.
I am personally not addicted to any social media and I haven’t been watching TV since so many years but I need to admit that as a blogger if you want to make a proper job, you need to take care of your accounts, especially your emails. Sometimes you get offers and invitations that are only valid for 24 hours. But this isn’t an excuse to be online during an event or on a trip with your friends. It is enough to check your emails once a day and if you are on holiday, you can set up an automatic reply saying when you can respond to the email.
I would say the bigger the city the more the opportunities. In London for example there are plenty of events, many for free. Sites like Eventbrite provide a great way for you to find a festival or an event near you. You can RSVP online and if you want to organise your own event, you can list it on the site as well.
This will be the last weekend of August, so make it fun, find and visit an event near you or plan a weekend with friends or family. Start the autumn trying to avoid the „Fear of missing out” and seeking after opportunities for „Going out more often”. You know, at the end not the material items are worth but the experiences you collected during your way.


Where would you go and what would you do if money wouldn’t make a role? What was the last and what will be the next event or festival you plan to visit? Let me know in the comment section below.

Enjoy the rest of your week.  :)
 
Lots of love,
E

29 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)
    www.soslubadem.blogspot.com.tr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! There are so many places I want to go, I just can`t pick one... But I hope I will one day! xoxo
    Have a great day!
    Vesna - new post on Home Chic Club

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! There are still so many places I want to go before summer ends but we'll see if time permits. Thanks for the inspo ;) xo, sharon

    http://www.stylelullaby.com/fashion/fall-favorites-faux-fur/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had and am still having a great summer. I live for sunny, hot days <3 I didn't get to travel this summer (except to the beach a few times and in other areas of California). But that's ok because I'd rather travel in the winter to get away from the cold or go play in the snow.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! California is definitely a great place to live. :) Have a nice weekend. :) xoxo

      P&P style ♡ ☯ ☮ --- DIY --- fashion --- and more --- ☮ ☯ ♡

      Delete
  5. Amazing post dear!
    Love your blog. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is so true and hits very close to home. We as bloggers always need to be on the phone or posting whether it is for our blog, Instagram, FB, or Snap and sometimes we often miss the moment bc we are looking down at our phones. It's always a constant struggle. Summer has been over for me for me for a while, but I have a trip to multiple cities coming up at the end of September which I am gearing up for. xoxo, Christine
    http://dailykongfidence.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine! It's true that as bloggers we have more stuff online than people who only have their privat stuff there. But I think it is very important to set up a timeline and to be strict with it. In my opinion for a long period it is better for our well-being if we only write a post when we really enjoy to make it. If you have other events in your life that you could enjoy instead of being online, say "No" to a collaboration, post your article next week. It's your blog, your rules. I know, you might lose some followers but in this way if you look back after years, you won't regret that you missed out special moments because you were spending so much time online. :)
      I wish you well on your travels in September. Have a good weekend. :)

      P&P style ♡ ☯ ☮ --- DIY --- fashion --- and more --- ☮ ☯ ♡

      Delete
  8. Oh man I'm guilty of using my electronic devices too mch. I blame it on the fact that I work and blog full time so it's challenging staying on top of it all but I have to constantly remind myself to be more present in the moment. My mine always seems to be thinking of what I need to do next. A great reminder babe thanks!

    xoxo Rina
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rina! If you work online full time, you will of course spend many-many hours on the Internet and there's no problem with it because it is your job. You only need to bear in mind that you seperate it from your privat life allowing yourself to enjoy your "offline" moments. :)
      Have a great weekend. :) xoxo

      P&P style ♡ ☯ ☮ --- DIY --- fashion --- and more --- ☮ ☯ ♡

      Delete
  9. Great post, babe! Thanks for sharing!
    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com
    www.instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
  10. If money wouldn't play a role, I would simply travel the world. Sadly, I am guilty of being online way too much.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carina! Also I would like to travel the world. That would be definitely a great and unforgettable experience. :)

      P&P style ♡ ☯ ☮ --- DIY --- fashion --- and more --- ☮ ☯ ♡

      Delete
  11. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice post!
    i am following you
    Obserwuję i liczę na rewanż <3
    Mój blog- kliknij <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! Thank you for sharing.

    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! Wish I could travel more during this summer. x

    Have a nice week,
    Andreea
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such inspiring post!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete