Sunday 3 March 2024

A lesson in prioritizing mental health


✯ Hello Shiny Stars! ✯


♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

"Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love."
(Brené Brown)

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


At the beginning of this year I decided to write a post every week if possible because I really enjoy it. It wasn't planned as mandatory, yet, last week, as the days passed and Sunday evening approached, the pressure grew as I hadn't written a post that week. The guilt set in, and then I realized I was being too hard on myself.

The expectations we often place on ourselves create unnecessary stress and affect our mental wellbeing. We need to self-reflect and understand that we need to allow ourselves some flexibility.
We tend to place high demands on ourselves, be it in our professional endeavors, our fitness goals or our personal projects. While ambition and dedication are admirable qualities, it's important to recognize the importance of self-compassion. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, and we must learn to adapt and change our plans accordingly. And when we do, we shouldn't feel guilty or the need to constantly apologize.

Missing our own deadline for a post or skipping a training session shouldn't be a reason to berate ourselves. It's important to listen to our bodies and our minds and understand when we need to take a break or readjust our priorities.

Putting extra pressure on ourselves will only affect our mental health and overall wellbeing. Instead, we should strive to maintain a healthy balance, be kind to ourselves and treat ourselves with the same compassion and understanding we would show a friend in a similar situation. - You wouldn't talk to your best friend the way you talk to yourself in such circumstances, would you?
So if you find yourself in a similar situation and feel guilty about missing your personal deadline or skipping a workout, be gentle with yourself. Life is a journey with ups and downs, and it's okay to stumble along the way. Be flexible, prioritize your mental health, and remember that self-compassion is the key to a fulfilling and balanced life.


With this being said, I wish you a lovely Sunday,
E

10 comments:

  1. I have learned to be flexible with time and not put pressure on myself, there are times when you can't be as productive as you would like, the intense weather has kept me away from my computer for a few weeks and also the flu, that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and reminder to be kind to ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to take each day as it comes and adhere to strict schedules anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting post.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your post. Writing is one of the best ways to keep mental health well. Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mental health is just as important as physical health. We need to take care of both equally!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, these are important things:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The older you get the easier it is to do this. Good suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This year I decided not to put extra pressure on myself. We'll see if it works.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this important reminder about prioritizing mental health and practicing self-compassion.
    I shared an inspiring post, I invite you to read: [Visit](https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/03/my-womens-day-hero-is-my-mom-what-to-wear-on-womens-day.html)

    ReplyDelete