Tuesday 11 May 2021

How to drink more water and why it is good for you


✯ Hello Shiny Stars! ✯


♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

"Pure water is the world's first and foremost medicine."
(Slovakian Proverb)

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


More than half of the human body is made up of water and the exact body water percentage can depend on a number of factors such as age, weight and gender, but also on water intake. For the average adult male, this percentage is around 60-63% and for females 52-55%.

To prevent dehydration, you need to consume plenty of water every day. However, there are many different opinions on exactly how much water you should drink each day. Many health experts recommend 2 litres (eight 8-ounce glasses or half a gallon) per day, but since it can also be dangerous to drink too much water, make sure you drink when you feel thirsty and always listen to your body.


Water nourishes the body, which nourishes the mind, so drinking enough water (and other fluids) has great benefits for you. Among other things it..

💙 cleanses toxins from your body,

💙 gives you energy,

💙 also boosts your brain power.


If you think you should drink more, here are some tips to increase your intake of fluids:

💙 Drink a glass of water as soon as you get out of bed.

💙 Have a drink with every snack and meal.

💙 Keep a bottle of water with you at your desk at school or work, but also in your bag or in your car.

💙 Eat water-rich foods, fruits and vegetables. Their high water content will contribute to your hydration. Fruits and vegetables that are high in water content, at least 90%, include watermelon, strawberries, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, courgette and celery.

💙 Set daily goals and either track them with an app or follow them manually.

💙 Whenever your glass or bottle is empty, refill it.

💙 Add fresh fruit to your water.

💙 Buy a nice water bottle or thermos.


This keepto half gallon water bottle in the picture above and below, for example, has inspiring lettering with track lines and is available in different colours and gradients. The flid-top lid allows you to open the bottle with just one hand and the wide opening to add ice cubes and fruit, while the carrying strap makes it easy to take it anywhere. The bottle has some time markers to help track your water intake but also motivate you to drink enough, and it also has a removable straw that is easy to clean with the straw brush included in the package. The supplier claims that it is BPA-free, has no chemical smell or taste and is 100% leak-proof and dust-proof.


As you can see, getting the right amount of fluids is extremely important for your health, and it comes not only from drinking water, but also from eating water-rich fruits and vegetables, but also from a bowl of soup.

Do you drink enough water during the day? Do you have a tip that has been particularly helpful for you to drink more? Share it in the comments, I'm happy to read them.

Take care and stay hydrated! 😊

Lots of love,
E

26 comments:

  1. Thanks for this reminder! I need to drink more water.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently got a water bottle like this and it is so helpful!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love water so much!! I find it easy to drink throughout the day too. I always feel so great when I do.

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. need to drink more water. thanks for this! :) Anyway, just dropping by to say hello all the way from the Philippines! I hope you can drop by my blog too and follow along if you like. Have a nice day! :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net

    INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woda najlepsza szczególnie latem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips! Drinking plenty of water is so important!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buen post, yo necesito tomar mas agua, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woow very informative post! Thanks for sharing. Briefly, Water is life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. El agua es esencial en nuestras vidas, yo no llego a los dos litros pero bebo 1,5 diarios. Gracias por tu visita a mi espacio.

    Saluditos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drinking water is often overlooked. Keeping ourselves hydrated is crucial for our health and well-being.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting and useful post 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm pretty good at drinking water but I'm terrible at sipping on it throughout the day, eve having my bottle on the table in front of me.

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post! I always forget to drink water but need to correct this bad habit! Thanks for sharing xx

    Lynn | https://www.lynnmumbingmejia.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is definitely something for me. Other than drinking a glass when I get up I usually don't get my intake until I'm already dehydrated. And I've already been told it's the reason Im so badly lacking energy. Thanks for the tips <3


    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  15. ¡¡Hola!! Yo si que bebo mucha agua, incluso nada más levantarme y antes de irme a dormir. Muy importante estar bien hidratado por dentro. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's important to stay hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for visiting my blog! I put a full glass of water beside my bed every night, and make sure I drink it all before or when I get up in the morning, to start my day off right.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, drinking water is very important to our health. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to drink more water during the day, but I need to buy a new infuser water bottle. I had one & I would add fruit to the infuser & it made the water taste so good & refreshing & I was able to drink plenty that way!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hola! Sí que es importante beber agua, yo lo que hago es tener siempre la botella cerca y parece que de esta manera tengo más sed y bebo más!
    Gracias por los consejos :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always keep a 1.5 liters water bottle besides me. And I am good at drinking water. But I do have to remind my family heheh:-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi E. Wise words indeed - water is vital to our health. When I was office-based I would take a large bottle of water to work and make sure that I drank it all each day. During the pandemic and working from home I've become lax! Something that I need to work on - thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are great tips. Filling up a large bottle is a great way of always having a drink to hand.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorei as dicas para beber água durante o dia, é um bem essencial e o nosso corpo precisa disso.
    Já estou a seguir o teu blog :)

    Um beijinho

    www.marciatome.com

    ReplyDelete