Sunday 7 April 2024

The power of music


✯ Hello Shiny Stars! ✯


♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

"Music can change the world."
(Ludwig van Beethoven)

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


Music is considered a cultural universal, even though its definition can vary from culture to culture and its origins are still unclear.
For most people, music is part of everyday life. It not only serves as entertainment, but usually also plays an important role in activities such as celebrations, cultural activities and religious rituals. Music is also used in advertising to promote brand recognition and create positive associations with products. The music played in stores can also affect our buying habits, and because of this emotional connection, music is also used in movies and TV shows.
Music can do more than just confirm our current emotional state, it can also influence our emotional destination. However, music and emotions are personal, cultural and linked to past experiences. A song does not trigger the same feeling in everyone, and it may even be that a song awakens different feelings in us as we grow older.
It depends on our mood and feelings what kind of music we want to listen to. Sometimes it's something classical, sometimes an energetic rock song, other times a catchy pop song or some hip-hop. There's also an old saying: when you're happy, you listen to the music, when you're sad, you listen to the lyrics.

For many people, music is also a form of personal expression. The music we listen to can be a reflection of our personality and our values. It can therefore also be a way to connect with others who have the same taste in music.

👉 Share your favorite song released so far in 2024 in the comments below. Whether it's a hit from the charts or a local gem, I'd love to hear about it. 😊

I will also leave here one of my favorite songs from this year to date, which is "Dance Alone" by Sia and Kylie Minogue.


Have a lovely day,
E

18 comments:

  1. It's so nice to be able to listen to music, and there are so many genres to choose from.

    Wishing you a happy month of April.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is wonderful. Never have I bothered to listen to Kylie both of us are Australians, but she never appealed to me and when she lived in England all those years I never heard many of her songs/hits...amazing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more since I am a flutist. My favorite song right now is Feather by Sabrina Carpenter.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...keep the music playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like to play music when I'm working around the house. It keeps me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love music especially on my walks!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't live without music! I love a mix of genres!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post! Music is so important. It seems to make everything a little bit better. <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah music, forever in this world, I couldn't be with music.

    ReplyDelete
  10. La música es genial. Es mágica. Te mando un beso. Enamorada de las letras

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this song 🧡
    Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really couldn't live without music! And I love to dance too!
    This song is amazing! :D
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music can do a lot of things for people. I am surrounded by musicians in my family but I'm ashamed to say I don't listen to enough music.

      Delete
  13. Music is great, it makes the world better:) Have a nice day:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don’t have a favorite from this year yet. I love James Taylor’s Fire and Rain.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Musik is very important in our life!

    ReplyDelete