Sunday 21 January 2024

Bullet journal tips for mastering continuity


✯ Hello Shiny Stars! ✯


♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

"Keeping a journal of our thoughts, experiences, insights, and learnings promotes mental clarity, exactness, and context."
(Stephen R. Covey)

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


I had a (bullet) journal for many, many years. It was my own style, I wrote important dates in there, sometimes to-do lists, what I bought, how much the bills were, what happened to me or my plans and statistics for my blog - depending on my mood.
Then a few years ago I just stopped because of heavy workload (and last year, also busy life). I've tried to start again a few times since then, but it's only been a few days where I've kept going, even though I've missed it.

This year I started again, and reflected back on what stopped me before. Here are my tips that have helped me to keep going this time. I hope they are useful for you too.


✨ 1. Perfection is not necessary: Remember that your bullet journal doesn't have to be perfect. It's your personal tool for organization and reflection, so embrace imperfections and don't worry about trying to make everything flawless.

✨ 2. No pressure to write every day: Bullet journaling doesn't require daily entries. You can use it as often or as infrequently as you like. Feel free to skip days without feeling guilty and only write when you feel you need to.


✨ 3. Drawings are optional: Although many bullet journals include doodles and artwork, this is not a requirement. If you don't like drawing or feel overwhelmed by it, keep it simple with minimal or no illustrations. The main focus is on functionality and organization.

✨ 4. Customize it to your needs: Design your bullet journal to fit your preferences and lifestyle. Customize it to your specific needs, whether it includes habits, gratitude, to-do lists, financial planning or anything else. Your journal should support and enhance your daily routine.

Remember, it's all about making your (bullet) journal work for you. There are no hard and fast rules; it's all about finding a way that helps you stay organized, focused and feeling your best.


You can buy ready-made journals and planners, but this year I simply took a small blank notebook from my shelf. It's not perfect, but it doesn't have to be. - If you need some inspiration on how to fill the pages, there are lots of pictures on Pinterest and videos on YouTube, just type in "bullet journal".


Do you also have a journal, planner or similar? If so, do you have any other tips on how to do it regularly? Feel free to comment them below.


With best wishes,
E

6 comments:

  1. I fail with my journaling journey every year, but let's see how this year will go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo uso agenda, pero una que ya viene hecha jaja me gustaría probar a hacerla un año!
    Un besito

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great suggestions! I especially like that you said it doesn't need to be done every day. Sometimes, just taking that pressure off can make such a difference.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No consigo empezar a tener un cuaderno diario, tengo varios cuadernos que incluyo frases, canciones, poemas combinado con imágenes en mix media...collage... pero solo cuando me apetece de vez en cuando.
    Gracias por tus consejos ❗
    BESOS

    ReplyDelete