Thursday 2 July 2020

A brief history about jumpsuits


✯ Hello Shiny Stars! ✯


♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

"Each day is a page in your fashion story."

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


Did you know that jumpsuits have been worn for almost 100 years now? It's unbelievable, isn't it? 
But do you know exactly what they are and how they came into the fashion world

Well, a jumpsuit is a narrowly cut, one-piece garment that covers the arms and legs. Its origins can be found in sports and work clothing in 1919, since it first began as functional outfit for skydivers
Then, in the 1930s, fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli created the first highly fashionable jumpsuit, which can be considered as the prototype for the jumpsuits we know today. 
The garment made its first appearance in Vogue in September 1964, and the 1970s were the golden age of these clothes. There were styles for both the day and the evening, and almost every designer had created their own version of this garment. Celebrities like Cher or Abba adopted the jumpsuit in their style, but Elvis Presley also began wearing it. It was thus present in both female and male fashion. 

The jumpsuit is uncomplicated, you can easily pimp it up or make it sporty, which is why it can be worn for almost any occasion. Combined with high heels or with sneakers, the result is two different outfits. Some wide cuts also have an illusionary effect. They make it possible to wear trousers while providing the illusion of a dress


There is nothing easier than simply putting on a jumpsuit and not having to worry about which pieces fit together. From office wear through evening outfits to sporty looks, everything is possible with it. 
The only difficulty you are likely to encounter while wearing it is that you will have to take it off completely in order to be able to use the bathroom

With short legs it is called a romper suit, also known as a playsuit, which resembles a jumpsuit, but is a combination of shorts and shirt that originates from children's leisure wear. 


The pieces on the pictures are from Femme Luxe Finery, the Manchaster-based e-tailer that I wrote about in my post here: Cosy yet elegant loungewear outfits
If you also like these outfits, take a look at both their jumpsuit collection as well as their playsuit collection. But you can also refine your search for specific colours and for example check only the black jumpsuit collection

The black jumpsuit has mesh details and shoulder pads to create a nice, elegant outfit, and the black playsuit has an open back with tie string and ruffled sleeves. 
They are each available in UK sizes 6 to 12, and those shown in the second and third pictures are the smallest. Besides black, they can also be ordered in white.


Do you own a playsuit or a jumpsuit? If so, for what occasion do you like to wear them?
As always, please feel free to leave a comment below. :)

Lots of love,
E

67 comments:

  1. I don't my own playsuit and jumpsuit. Very interesting post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so interesting! I hadn't thought about the history of this garment but it certainly has been around for quite a while. I have a few jumpsuits and love to wear them when I want to be casual but still look glam.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shannon! I'm glad that you liked this post. :)

      Delete
  3. I never bought a jumpsuit. Would like to wear one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you could find a good one since then. :)

      Delete
  4. I like both,jumpsuits & rompers :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them too, they are great and versatile. :)

      Delete
  5. Sehr interessant und aufschlussreich, danke für diesen Beitrag. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gern geschehen! Ich freue mich, dass es Dir gefallen hat. :)

      Delete
  6. They are both fun pieces on you, I really like the playsuit! :) I don't wear jumpsuits or playsuits but I admire them on others! :) Being petite it's hard to get the fit right and there is the bathroom issue....haha!

    Hope you are having a nice weekend :) It's a bit windy and wintery here!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear! :) Yes, the bathroom problem remains, but otherwise they make really good outfits. :D Have a great day! :)

      Delete
  7. Some do look really cool! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow it is so cool to learn about the history of jumpsuits! I never knew. I can't believe they've been around for 100 years now. I always thought they were a new design. I love wearing jumpsuits but I hate it when I have to strip to use the bathroom hahaha!

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, using the bathroom is not the best thing in this kind of outfits, but otherwise they are really good clothes. :D I am glad that you enjoyed the post and that it was informative for you. :)

      Delete
  9. I don't wear jumpsuit, but i love it, it very comfortable.
    New post on My Blog | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear them often either, but they are truly comfortable. :)

      Delete
  10. I love them on your pictures,but I don't have any! Have a lovely day☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I'm glad that you like them. :) Have a great day, too. :)

      Delete
  11. I do have a couple of jumpsuits! Thanks for the history on them. They are so chic and comfy!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! I'm glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  12. I didn't realize they had been around for so long. My daughter wears jumpsuits to her school dances (only does fancy dresses for prom)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like to explore the origins of clothes. It is always interesting and I'm glad you found the article informative. :)

      Delete
  13. Jumpsuits are so cute! I never wear them though due to the bathroom issue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like very much all these jumpsuits.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanna! I'm glad that you like them. :) xo

      Delete
  15. Very interesting post.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't know the history about jumpsuits, so interesting! They look amazing ^^
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy that the post was instructive for you. :) xo

      Delete
  17. Jumpsuits are very practical, it's no wonder they have been here for more than a hundred years. I do own a jumpsuit and some playsuits/rompers as well. They are great items, especially for summer. I often wear them as every wear day. When I want to dress them up, I wear them with heels but I like them best in casual outfits with sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed very versatile. Thank you, Ivana! :)

      Delete
  18. I love how easy they are to wear - just throw on and go!

    https://sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very interesting!
    I don't own any but a black one would look smart. :)
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great outfits! I’m following you!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Replies
    1. Thank you, dear! Have a nice day, too! :)

      Delete
  22. hello, nice smoga hari harimu menyenangkan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very interesting to know here if the jumpsuit has long been used since 100 years ago.
    I only use it occasionally during the rainy season :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very interesting and informative!!!)Follow you
    https://beautypumma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete